Team New Leaf has instituted many office protocols, some that may outwardly change your dental visit and others that you may not notice, but are making a difference. We are confident in the comprehensive plan that we follow to ensure team and patient safety from the COVID-19 virus and all other pathogens. Infection control has always been and will continue to be an area of primary focus for your providers at New Leaf Family Dental.
* All New Leaf team members will be wearing appropriate face coverings while in the office, including respirators (n95), surgical masks, plastic face shields, as well as other personal protective equipment.
* All New Leaf Team Members are screened for any COVID19 related symptoms and will have their temperature taken prior to each shift.
* We complete COVID19 related screening of all patients prior to each appointment and patient temperatures will be taken to ensure that everyone in the office is symptom free.
* We will utilize phone and electronic payment and documentation whenever possible.
* We request that anyone who does not have a scheduled appointment not come to our office in person. We are very happy to assist you with any questions, concerns, or billing issues over the phone.
* We ask that all patients wear a mask to their appointments. Your mask should remain on at all times. Remove your mask when your dental treatment begins and then replace it as soon as it is finished.
* Family members and friends of patients should not accompany the patient into the building if they are not having dental work performed. Exceptions for this includes children requiring an adult to accompany them or a medically compromised or elderly patient who requires additional assistance for their dental appointment.
* We are very excited about the upgrade to our HVAC system, installed by East Coast Mechanical. The Air Scrubber Plus by Aerus utilizes certified space technology to substantially reduce viruses and microbial populations in the air and on surfaces. The Air Scrubber’s patented technology consists of a UVC light and a photocatalyst target. An advanced oxidation process is created that continuously protects and purifies the air and sterilizes surfaces throughout the office.
* In each treatment room, you will notice our new Medify Medical Grade H13 True HEPA Filtration Air Purifiers which capture 99.97% of airborne particles down to .01 microns.
* We utilize a low temperature fogger in combination with 500 ppm Hypochlorous Acid to radically sterilize our operatories. This technology has been used in hotel rooms and public locker rooms for decades and is proven safe and effective. It smells great too!
This list touches on the main protocol changes at our office and is not a comprehensive list of the numerous enhancements we have, and will continue to implement, to keep you, your family, and our New Leaf Team safe while at our office.